Here we are listed some of the question answers based on General Science for your competitive exams preferences. This General Science Questions Answers will definitely gonna help you if you are really want to learn and grab a job in govt sector. We have included some questions about it and you can also find next part of this General Science-based question answers.
You can bookmark our website on your browser, So you can read the chapter easily without being lost at half way. If you want to download the file, you can also do that in a single click too. This General Science Questions Answers will be constantly updated. All the question answers we included here is best for candidates those who are preparing for competitive exams.
General Science Questions Answers
1) _____ was the first to devise a system that described correctly the details of the motion of the planets with the Sun at the center?
2) According to the law of _____ the attractive force between two bodies is proportional to the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them?
Ans: Universal Gravitation
3) The refractive index of any material varies with the wavelength or color of the light used, a phenomenon is known as _____.
4) _____ is a vector-borne disease caused by a eukaryotic protist of the genus Plasmodium and is widespread in tropical and subtropical regions?
5) The _____ stores glycogen to fulfill body’s requirement of glucose for energy during starvation.
6) Which acid, an important intermediate in chemical synthesis, occurs naturally most notably in the venom of bee and ant stings?
Ans: Formic acid
7) Anton Van Leeuwenhoek advanced the science of microscopy by being the first to observe microorganisms, allowing for easy visualization of _____.
8) Of the three mediums (gas, liquid and solid) which type of waves travel the slowest through gases, faster through liquids, and fastest through solids?
Ans: Sound waves
9) The underlying principle of the flight of a rocket is Newton’s _____ law of Motion viz., to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction?
10) A health disorder that results from the deficiency of thyroxin in adults and characterized by (i) a low metabolic rate, (ii) increase in body weight and (iii) tendency to retain water in tissued is:
11) Which law states that for the large-scale redshift of galaxies is usually taken as evidence for the picture of an expanding universe in general and the Big Bang theory in particular?
Ans: Hobble Law
12) Poliomyelitis, often called polio or infantile paralysis, is an acute, viral, infectious disease spread from person to person, primarily via the _____ route?
13) Which instrument did converts sound energy to electrical energy which is used as an output using same energy level amplified or it could be used to record those same energy outputs and pattern too played again?
14) In mechanics, they are three physical quantities namely mass length and _____ which are called fundamental physical quantities?
15) The time interval in which the mass of a radioactive substances or the number of its atoms is reduced to half its initial value is called the _____ of that substance?
Ans: Half life
16) What is a special type of protein whose major function is carrying oxygen from lungs to various tissues by the help of blood?
17) The conservation of atmospheric nitrogen into its various derivative compounds and their reconversion into nitrogen after usage is called?
Ans: Nitrogen Cycle
18) If the angle of incidence exceeds the critical angle then light does not enter at all into a rarer medium but gets reflected totally into the denser medium, this phenomenon is called?
Ans: Total Internal Reflection
19) What is the phenomenon of light emission in which the substance continues to emit light for some time after the light incident on it is stopped?
20) U.V light is wavelength ranging from 400 nm to 10 nm. UV radiation discovered by_____?
Ans: Wilhelm Ritter
21) Which is the defect of the eye due to which the eye is not able to see clearly the nearby objects though it can see the distant objects clearly?
22) Which acid is present in the seeds of pomegranate and snake gourd?
Ans: Punicic Acid
23) Which element is used in the bleaching of cotton textiles, paper and rayon, in the purification of water for drinking purposes, in the manufacture of bleaching powder, chloroform, HCL and a number of synthetic organic compounds?
24) Which atmospheric layer absorber the harmful ultra violet rays and protects the living beings on earth?
Ans: Ozone Layer
25) Which law of physics basically gives us a relation between velocity, pressure, and height of the flowing non-viscous fluid in a horizontal flow?
Ans: Bernoulli’s Principle
26) The purity of which natural food is tested through the Aniline Chloride Test?
27) What is the chemical name of Ajinomoto?
Ans: Monosodium glutamate
28) Which metal is used in the catalytic converters in cars to reduce the pollution from exhaust gases?
29) Sun can be seen for sometime even after sunset. Which phenomenon of light caused this?
30) India’s first hi-speed rural broadband network was commissioned in which district of Kerala in 2015 January and was declared the first district in the country linked to the National Optic Fibre Network?
31) Iron is the sixth most abundant element in the universe. The important ore of iron are _____?
Ans: Hematite and magnetite
32) The use of microorganism metabolism to remove pollutants such as oil spills in the water bodies is known as?
33) What is the term for a computer network that interconnects computers within a limited area such as a home, school or office building, using network media?
Ans: Local Area Network
34) _____ in the duodenum catalyze the hydrolysis of peptide bonds so that proteins can be broken down into smaller peptides.
35) The working of the quartz crystal in the watch is based on the _____?
Ans: Piezoelectric effect
36) Which technique that uses sound waves to show a picture of a baby in the uterus works by bouncing sound waves off the developing fetus?
37) D.D.T (dichloro diphenyl trichloro ethane) was discovered by _____?
Ans: Paul Hermann Muller
38) Helium is the second most abundant element in the universe. Helium was first isolated by ______?
Ans: Sir William Ramsay
39) _____ is defined as the distances covered by a moving object in a particular direction in unit time or speed in a particular direction.
40) The strongly alkaline solution of sodium hydroxide & sodium sulfide is known as _____.
Ans: White Liquor
41) Which chemical used to prevent blood clotting in the blood banks?
Ans: Sodium Citrate
42) Which metal is named after the Germanic goddess of beauty and fertility?
43) In printing, type metal refers to the metal alloys used in traditional type founding and hot metal typesetting. What is the main constituent of these days?
44) Superconductivity is a material proper associated with a loss of ____.
Ans: Electrical resistance
45) Which chemical is also known in the names ‘Calgon, Glassysodium & Graham’s salt?
Ans: Sodium hexametaphosphate
46) Which metal was earlier known in the name ‘Cyprian Metal’?
47) Properties of a compound are different from its constituent elements, whereas a _____ shows the properties of its constituting elements or compounds.
48) The device used to measure the temperature of Sun _____.
49) All atoms with 6 protons in their nuclear atoms of the chemical element carbon, and all atoms with 92 protons in their nuclear atoms of the element ______.
50) The hormone which boosts the supply of oxygen and glucose to the brain and muscles is _____.
We hope this General Science Questions Answers is helped you. Please share your valuable feedback’s/doubts by dropping a comment below to improve yourself in future. We are happy to help you.