Here we are listed some of the question answers based on Indian Geography for your competitive exams preferences. This Indian Geography Questions Answers will definitely gonna help you if you are really want to learn and grab a job in govt sector. We have included some questions about it and you can also find next part of this Indian Geography-based question answers on next update.
You can bookmark our website on your browser, So you can read the chapter easily without being lost at half way. If you want to download the file, you can also do that in a single click too. This Indian Geography Questions Answers will be constantly updated. All the question answers we included here is best for candidates those who are preparing for competitive exams.
Indian Geography Questions Answers
- Which is the largest west flowing river in India?
- Rainfall from the southwest monsoon occurs between _____?
Ans: June & September
- Which months are the season of retreating monsoon?
Ans: October & November
- Which is the most important type soil in India?
Ans: Alluvial Soil
- Which river line island on the river Brahmaputra is the largest in the South East Asia?
- Which lake in Manipur is famous for its floating islands?
- Which state is known as ‘the Land of Legends’?
- Which is the southern most point in India?
Ans: Indira Point
- _____ is considered as the northern most point of India?
Ans: Indira Col
- With which country India shares maximum land border?
- Geographically, which mountain range seperates northern India from southern India?
Ans: The Vindhya
- Which is the only tidal port in India?
- Which part of India are the coniferous forests found?
Ans: The Himalayas
- Which type of soil is also known as ‘regur soil’?
Ans: Black soil
- Which type of soils are famous for ‘self ploughing’?
Ans: Black soil
- The presence of which metal gives color to the red soil?
Ans: Iron oxide
- Which type of soil is developed in areas with high temperature & high rainfall?
Ans: Laterite soil
- Which mountain ranges of India run parallel to the Bay of Bengal?
Ans: Eastern Ghats
- Which mountain ranges are parallel to the Arabian Sea?
Ans: Western Ghats
- In which Indian river is the islands of Sivasamudram & Srirangam are Situated?
- In which Indian state is the mountain ranges of Vindhya & Satpura are situated?
Ans: Madhya Pradesh
- Who publishes the topographic maps of India?
Ans: The Survey of India
- Which country is known as ‘Junior America’?
- Which country has the longest coastline in the world?
- Which countries are seperated by the Medicine Line?
Ans: Canada, USA
- In which mountain range is the peak Godwin Austin situated?
Ans: Karakoram Range
- What is the usual shape of the dealtas?
- The days when the Sun shines vertically on the equator is called ____?
- Which is the biggest circle drawn on the globe?
- The Ozone Belt is situated at levels between _____ Kms above atmosphere?
Ans: 20-40 Kms.
- In which ocean is the notorious Ring of Fire situated?
Ans: Pacific Ocean
- What does a Beaufort Scale measure?
Ans: Different Wind Strengths
- Monsoon winds are the example for _____ type of winds?
Ans: Seasonal Winds
- Which kind of wind is Roaring Forties, Furious Fifties and Shrieking Sixties?
Ans: Westerly Winds
- Which type of clouds are implicated in the formation of ozone holes?
Ans: Nacreous Clouds
- Land breeze and Sea breeze are examples of _____?
Ans: Local Winds
- Which type of winds are found in the tropics towards the Earth’s equator?
- What are the prevailing winds in the middle latitudes between 35 & 65 degree latitudes?
- The Sea breeze flows from _____ to _____?
Ans: Sea to land
- Which local wind has the nick-name of ‘the Snow eater’?
- The tornadoes are associated with which type of clouds?
- Which instrument is used to ‘measure atmospheric humidity?
- A line that indicates equal or constant pressure on a map is called ____?
- A line that connects points on a map that have the same temperature is ______?
- The Greater Barrier Reefs are the part of which country?
- The Grand Canyon is on the river _____?
Ans: Colorado River (USA)
- Fathom is the unit used to measure _____?
Ans: Sea depth
- ‘Slack Water’ is the phenomenon associated with _____?
- What is the unit used to measure the speed of the ships?
- What is the interval between two tides?
Ans: 12 hours and 25 minutes
We hope this Indian Geography Questions Answers is helped you. Please share your valuable feedback’s/doubts by dropping a comment below to improve yourself in future. We are happy to help you.