Here we are listed some of the question answers based on Indian Geography for your competitive exams preferences. This Indian Geography Question Answers Part -2 will definitely gonna help you if you are really want to learn and grab a job in govt sector. We have included some questions about it and you can also find next part of this Indian Geography-based question answers on next update.
You can bookmark our website on your browser, So you can read the chapter easily without being lost at half way. If you want to download the file, you can also do that in a single click too. This Indian Geography Questions Answers will be constantly updated. All the question answers we included here is best for candidates those who are preparing for competitive exams.
Indian Geography Questions Answers
- Which is the standard meridian of India?
Ans: 82 degree 30 minute East
- Indian Standard Time is ahead of Greenwich Mean Time by _____?
Ans: 5 hours & 30 minutes
- What is the North-South distance of India?
Ans: 3,214 KM
- What is the East – West distance of India?
Ans: 2,933 KM
- What is India’s total land area?
Ans: 3.28 million sq. km
- What percent of world’s land surface area is covered by India?
Ans: 2.4 percent
- Which is the seventh largest country in the world?
- The length of India’s coastline is about _____ KMs?
Ans: 7,500 KM
- Which Indian mountain range has a triangular shape?
- Which is the oldest mountain range in India?
Ans: Aravalli range
- What is the approximate length of the Western Ghats?
Ans: 1,600 KMs
- Which is the only river in India that flows in a rift valley?
- Which river flows between the ranges Satpura and Vindhya?
- The famous Dhuandhar Falls is on the river ______?
- Which Indian state covers the 61 percent of the Thar Desert?
- Which is India’s only active volcano?
Ans: Barren Island
- Which is the only mud volcano in India?
- Which is the most suitable soil for the cultivation of cotton?
Ans: Black soil
- How many Indian states have coastlines?
- Which Indian state shares borders with maximum number of states?
Ans: Uttar Pradesh
- What is the rank of India among the world countries in the total forest area?
- How many Indian states are situated on the Tropic of Cancer?
- The Lushai Hills are mainly situated in the Indian state of:
- Which important geographical line is passing through India?
Ans: Tropic of Cancer
- Honeymoon, Breakfast Islands are situated in _____?
Ans: Chilka Lake
- Tehri Dam is across the river _____?
- Which river is ‘the Sorrow of Bengal’?
- Rann of Kutch is the part of which Indian state?
- In September, 2011, India leased the Tin Bigha Corridor to which neighbouring country?
- Aksai Chin is part of the which Indian state?
Ans: Jammu &Kashmir
- India’s highest peak Mount K2 is situated in which mountain range?
- The Hindu Raj mountain range is situated in _____?
- In which state is the Garo-Khasi range situated?
- The world’s wettest place Mawsynram is situated in which hills?
Ans: Khasi Hills
In which Indian state is the places Cherrapunji and Mawsynram?
- Which mountain range is believed to have been formed by the wastes created by the weathering of the Aravalli Mountains?
Ans: The Vindhya
- What is the name of the summer grass-lands in the higher reaches of Himalaya?
- Which ranges of the Himalayas are composed of ancient sedimentary & metamorphic rocks?
Ans: Lesser Himalayas (Himachal)
- The hill stations of Shimla, Mussourie, Nainital & Darjeeling belongs to which Himalayan range?
Ans: Lesser Himalayas
- Mount Everest, Kanchenjunga, . Nandadevi & Nanga Parbat peaks belongs to which Himalayan range?
Ans: Himadri or Greater Himalayas
- What is the name of the older alluvium sediments found in the Northern Plains?
- The young or newer alluvial sediments deposited on the flood plains are known as _____?
- Which plateau is situated between the Western Ghat & Eastern Ghat?
Ans: b Deccan Plateau
- Which is the largest plateau in India?
Ans: The Deccan Plateau
- What is the shape of the vast Deccan Plateau?
- What is the name of the water body that divide the Andaman & Nicobar island groups?
Ans: Ten degree Channel
- South and Little Andaman are separated by ____?
Ans: Duncan Passage
- Which group of islands are broadly divided by the Eleventh Degree Channel?
- In which river is India’s highest waterfall Jog situated?
- Which river is known as Tsangpo in Tibet?
We hope this Indian Geography Questions Answers Part-2 is helped you. Please share your valuable feedback’s/doubts by dropping a comment below to improve yourself in the future. We are happy to help you.