Hii friends, Welcome to the third part of Indian Geography question answer section, if you are first time into this please go through previous parts of Indian Geography as well. This Indian Geography Question Answers Part -3 will definitely gonna help you if you are really want to learn and grab a job in govt sector. We have included some questions about it and you can also find next part of this Indian Geography-based question answers on next update.
Indian Geography Questions Answers
- India has a total land Frontier of?
A) 14,200 Kms B) 15,200 Kms C) 16,200 Kms D) 7,200 Kms
- North to South India cover a distance of?
A) 3214 Kms b) 2933 Kms C) 3000 Kms D) 6,100 Kms
- The state where the sun rises last?
A) Andhra Pradesh B) Arunachal Pradesh C) Ptubab D) Gujarat
- The mountain ranges that are called Sahyadri are?
A) Vindhyas B) Satpura C) Western Ghats D) Eastern Ghats
- The coastal plain of A.F. is known as?
A) Circar coast B) Utkal coast C) Malbar coast D) Coramandal coast
- The Pulicat lake lies in between the states of?
A) Tamilnadu – Kerala B) Andhra Pradesh – Odisha C) Andhra Pradesh – Tamilnadu D) Odisha – West Bengal
- The mountain ranges that separate north India from south India?
A) Nilgiri B) Vindhya and Satpura ranges C) Aravalis D) Himalayas
- The World famous pilgrim centre Tirumala is located in which hills?
A) Nallamala B) Velikonda C) Palakonda D) Seshachala
- India has a total area of?
A) 3.28 million sq. km. B) 2.28 million sq. cm. C) 3.10 million sq. cm. D) 4.38 million sq. cm.
- The other name of Greater Himalayas is?
A) Himachal B) Himadri C) outer Himalayas D) Sivaliks
- The highest peak in the peninsular plateau is?
A) Dodabena B) Mt. K2 C) Mt. Everest D) Anaimudi
- Udagamandalam popularly known as?
A) Shimia B) Ooty C) Mussorie D) Nainital
- An example of internal drainage river is?
A) Mahi B) Indus C) Tapti D) Luni
- The First state to witness sun rise in India is?
A) Nagaland B) Arunachal Pradesh C) Gujarat D) Mizoram
- The highest peak in Nilaghiri is?
A) Dodabetta B) Anaimudi C) Annapurna D)Gum Shikar
- The Thar Desert is located on the lee-ward aide of?
A) Himalayas B) Vindhyas C) Satpura D) Aravalis
- The portion of peninsular lying to the south of Narmada, a triangular landmass is called?
A) Malwa plateau B) Deccan plateau C) Chota Nagpur plateau
- The longitude of India Standard Time is?
A) 82° 30′ W B) 98°27′ E C) 92° 30′ E D) 82° 30′ E
- The southernmost tip of India is?
A) Kanyaktunari B) Indira point C) Minicoy island D) Portblair
- This is not a part of East Coast?
A) Malabar coast B) Coramandal coast C) Utkal coast D) Circar coast
- The highest plateau in the World is ____.
- The fertile land lies between two rivers is called____.
- The Indian peninsula was a part of ____ land.
- The portion of range found south of the Greater Himalayas is called _____.
Ans: Lesser Himalayas
- Indian Standard Time (IST) is ____ hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time(GMT).
Am: 5 hrs 30 min.
- Ooty is also known as ____.
- The Himalayas comprise _____ parallel ranges.
- The Indian plateau is also known as ____.
Am: Peninsular plateau
- Indian Standard Meridian passes near ____.
- The southernmost range of the Himalayas are ____.
- A swampy and marshy region called ____.
- The highest peak in Eastern Ghats is ____ found at Chintapalli in Andhra Pradesh.
Ans: Arms konda
- Lakshadweep Islands are of ____ origin.
- The coastal plains of Tamilnadu are called ____.
Ans: Coramandal coast
- The central part of Indo-Gangetic plain is known as _____.
Ans: Ganga plain
36. Which is India’s only active volcano situated in the Andaman?
Ans: Barren Island
37. Where is the Ritchie’s Archipelago situated?
Ans: Eastern Andaman
38. Which major island group of India is formed by the coral deposits?
39. Which island groups are separated by the Ten Degree Channel?
Ans: Andaman & Nicobar
40. Which strait separates the South Andaman & Little Andaman?
Ans: Duncan Passage
41. Which important geographical line divides India into two equal halves?
Ans: The Tropic of Cancer
42. What is the name of the hot westerly winds blow in the Northern Plains during summer?
43. In 1686, which British scientist explained the mechanism of monsoon as a result of differential heating of the continents & oceans?
Ans: Sir Edmund Halley
44. What is the rank of India by land area among the nations?
45. India shares maritime border with which south eastern Asian nations?
Ans: Thailand & Indonesia
46. India shares land border with _____ countries?
47. India shares maximum land border with ____?
48. Which Indian state shares international border with maximum countries?
Ans: Jammu & Kashmir
49. Which Indian state shares border with maximum states?
Ans: Uttar Pradesh
50. Which was the last formed state of India (29th)?
We hope this Indian Geography Questions Answers Part-3 is helped you. Please share your valuable feedback’s/doubts by dropping a comment below to improve yourself in the future. We are happy to help you.